Fire Involving Pan Of Food Sandon Road Birkdale Southport January 14th, 2014 admin Latest News Shares Comments Fire Involving Pan Of Food Sandon Road Birkdale Southport Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service was called to sheltered accommodation in Sandon Road, Birkdale, Southport at 4.36am this morning Tuesday, January 14th 2014. It was thought a pan of food had been left cooking unattended. Smoke from the pan activated hard-wired smoke alarms at the accommodation. Watch Manager Darin Speed, who attended the call-out with White Watch firefighters from Southport Community Fire Station, said: “We advise that if people have a linked-in smoke detector that they respond to those monitoring the system as quickly as possible to provide accurate information from inside the building. We also advise cooking is never left unattended even for a moment.” The fire was out when firefighters arrived. The pan was severely damaged by fire. There was also smoke damage to around 5% of the building. Two fire appliances from Southport Community Fire Station attended the call-out. Firefigfhters had left the scene by 5.25am. Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07930717137 Email [email protected] Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Facebook www.facebook.com/otsnews.co.uk Related Comments comments!