Fire At A Flat In Southport September 23rd, 2013 admin Latest News Shares Comments Fire At A Flat In Southport Monday, 23 September 2013 Fleetwood Road, Southport Firefighters were called out to a fire at a first floor flat in Southport. Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service attended the property on Fleetwood Road in Marshside just after 8pm. A pan of food, that was believed to have been left unattended, was damaged by fire. The kitchen and the remainder of the flat was damaged by smoke. Hard wired smoke alarms had been fitted and activated. Two fire appliances from Southport Community Fire Station were called out. Firefighters were there for around half an hour. Related Comments comments!