Electrical fault caused Eden Avenue fatal fire (Southport) July 6th, 2013 admin Latest News Shares Comments Electrical fault caused Eden Avenue fatal fire (Southport) OTS News.co.uk understands the cause of the fire in Eden Avenue, Southport, on Monday morning (1st July 2013) was due to a faulty extention lead. Thomas Anthony Mawdsley, 48, of Eden Avenue and Stephen McDonald, 56, of Eden Avenue, Southport, both died as a consequence of smoke inhalation. REMEMBER WHERE YOU READ THIS STORY FIRST! ONTHESPOT NEWS (OTS) Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07930717137 Email [email protected] Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Related Comments comments!