Crowds run for cover at the Southport Musical Firework Championships

ots southport - burn on jacket

Falling hot debris at the Southport Musical Firework Championships

Last night ‘hot debris’ caused a large fire in the sand dunes close to the Eco centre. This evening (Saturday 5th October) Children in the crowd escaped injuries but many reported burnt clothes.

Above: Friday Evenings sand dune fire

Carl Radford from Southport said “it was terrible, I had to run for my car with two children trying to escape the falling hot debris.”

ots-southport-bun on blancket

Above: This blanket was luckily over a child’s head as he was cold otherwise this burn would have been on his face.

Thankfully, this time, no one was injured however this is the latest safety incident that raises a question over the competence of Sefton to organise and deliver safe events.

Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07930717137 Email [email protected]







OTS News