Crowds run for cover at the Southport Musical Firework Championships October 4th, 2014 jmr jmr Latest News Shares Comments Falling hot debris at the Southport Musical Firework Championships Last night ‘hot debris’ caused a large fire in the sand dunes close to the Eco centre. This evening (Saturday 5th October) Children in the crowd escaped injuries but many reported burnt clothes. Above: Friday Evenings sand dune fire Carl Radford from Southport said “it was terrible, I had to run for my car with two children trying to escape the falling hot debris.” Above: This blanket was luckily over a child’s head as he was cold otherwise this burn would have been on his face. Thankfully, this time, no one was injured however this is the latest safety incident that raises a question over the competence of Sefton to organise and deliver safe events. Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07930717137 Email [email protected] Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Facebook www.facebook.com/otsnews.co.uk Instagram www.instagram.com/otsnews Related Comments comments!