80-year-old man rescued in kitchen fire The Ridings Mallee Cres Southport January 21st, 2013 admin Latest News Shares Comments 80-year-old man rescued in kitchen fire The Ridings Mallee Cres Southport An 80-year-old man was taken by ambulance to Southport and Formby District General Hospital at 11:30am this morning (Monday 21st 2013) suffering slight smoke inhalation following a fire in the kitchen of a ground floor flat in The Ridings, Mallee Crescent, Churchtown, Southport. A plastic bread board caught fire in the kitchen. The 80-year-old man went to put the fire out but collapsed on the floor. The fire alarm activated and the man was rescued by residents. The small fire was extinguished. Three fire appliances attended the scene. Submit News Contact us with your community, business or sport news. Phone 07930717137 Email [email protected] Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Breaking local news as it happens, searchable archives with photographs, the ability to instantly comment on news articles – there are so many advantages to OTS (Onthespot) News. If you want your news read locally online then send it to [email protected] – relying only on the newspaper is to restrict yourself to an ever reducing audience. www.callots.co.uk Onthespot – your online reporter www.onthespotnews.co.uk Do you have a story to tell? Please text or phone 07930717137 or email [email protected] Follow OTS (Onthespot) on Twitter www.twitter.com/onthespot_news Related Comments comments!